Saturday, June 20, 2015

Phuket



Sorry I wear until very casual to airport. HAHAHAHA



As the title stated, today's topic will be on my Phuket trip! I've just returned to Singapore from my 3 days and 2 nights trip at Phuket. Why was my holiday so short? Reason being both my mom and my sister couldn't get more off days. Also, I am glad that it has been a short trip due to the monsoon season. 

The pictures were taken with Janna's iPhone 5S, therefore the pictures are in awkward shapes. 

Upon reaching Phuket International Airport, we joined a Phi Phi Island tour which included a free taxi ride to our hotel. Oh ya, I booked the hotel using Airbnb and goodness, it was such a joy using the app. So easy to navigate! Oh yes, and the Phi Phi Island tour was not cheap at all okay, it costs 3000 Baht per pac! 

Patong Buri - booked using airbnb!

Using the liptint tattoo, not the best I would say.

After purchasing, we board the taxi thinking that we can finally go to our hotel to have some rest. But nope, not at all. The driver drove us to this agency, telling us that he needed to go to his office for a moment. After the alighted the taxi, a lady came up to talk to us. In layman's term, trying to hardsell us their tour packages la. After much consideration, we decided to purchase the Safari Tour because the pictures looked promising (which I really regretted). 

Taxi back to hotel.

The food at Phuket was really nice! Especially the ice cream roll which got us going back for more! For a mere 180 baht? Come on, too good to be missed! 


So excited for our Phi Phi Island tour!

The scenery was beautiful. But the monsoon season spoilt everything. The rain made the waves rough and we had to miss a few islands ): We almost died outside at the sea because the waves were as high as 5 metres. We had to give up on the last island because the weather made it impossible to visit that island. At the end of the trip, we were drenched from head to toe. The sea water + the rain water was so salty that it stung our eyes badly. 




The sea is so green???


I didn't get to join them as I was having my period. What a bummer. Boo.

We went to monkey bay too! But as the tide was high, the beach was submerged and we couldn't get onto the island. So we had to feed the monkeys from the speedboat. 



After which, we got off an island to have our buffet lunch. 


My mom's face after vomiting twice on the speedboat. HAHAHAHAHA

We went to the restaurant beside our hotel to have dinner. We were the only customers there. HAHAHAHA.


The next day, we went for the Safari Tour. 


I really regretted going there so so much that I didn't enjoy the performances by the animals. I wouldn't recommend the Safari Tour. 




The elephants were made to walk such a long distance! And the ground was very very steep. When the elephants went off track to feed on some leaves, the guy actually used a tool to hit the elephants??? There was an elephant which actually protested by making noise but ended up getting hit. I really pity the animals there. 

There was also the baby elephants show and they were actually trained to walk on two legs. Like seriously, I really felt very bad for even contributing to their income. 

Went for the monkey show and goodness, one of the monkeys were coughing and I was wondering if they even brought the monkey to a vet. The tour was very disappointing. And throughout the tour was very awkward. Even the cooking, it was so short? Very very disappointed. 

The only nice thing about there was the fish spa. Which I actually smiled for the first time throughout. 


I vowed not to visit this type of Safari anymore because it hurts just thinking about how they trained the animals. However, I would like to visit the Safari in Indonesia whereby the animals were free to roam around. 


Had our lunch at the bar located beside the lobby of the hotel and the food was really nice! I love that they have an all day breakfast because it was the bomb. 

Overall, I really enjoyed my Phuket trip, minus the season and the Safari Tour. I would love to return there to explore more of the islands. There wasn't much pictures because most of the time it was raining and it really wasn't very wise to bring out our phones to capture. Hopefully the next time I return there, I will bring back better memories and better quality pictures. 

1 comment: